Saturday, July 9, 2011

Luke 7-9-11 Press

Somewhat rushed for time... I seem to be getting worse each week on push press, although last week I was feeling sick and today I was somewhat hungover and tired.

Push Press
115 x 5 @ 8
135 x 5 @ 10 I actually failed the 4th rep and had to retry it
135 x 5 @ 9 I pushed my head through and my arms back on these and it helped
145 x 3+fail tired and weak, mostly weak

Pin Press (2-3 board aka weak point)
185 x 6 @ 10-
205 x 3 @ 10+
blah I hate doing these because I feel like a tool benching in the only squat rack. Same goes for floor press. I could do foam roller press, but I need 2 spotters for that, at least of whom needs to be competent. I really need to do some board work or partial range work, but it is difficult when I'm by myself. I know my strength in bench is way lower now from the Ed Coan routine and I fear I will end up maxing at 205-210 when it's over.

Dumbbell Rows with straps
120 x 8 x 2 per arm

Pull Ups Dips superset

2 comments:

Nick said...

how can you blame the Ed Coan Routine for making you weaker? lol

Luke said...

we'll see how it goes. I hit 175 x 10 before starting and I feel a tiny bit weaker on the volume than at that point and way weaker on the heavy weight.