Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Squat--12.1.09

Clean shaven, I strutted into the Wooden Center to get my sweat on. Who knew this week was Max Week? Also, I decided I've had enough fucking around and I'm going to start hitting depth regularly...so I did.

Squats:
warmups
135x5
145x5
165x3
185x3 (Luke said my depth was good so PR by a lot...old PR was 135 with proper depth)
I considered going for a 1 rep max here, but felt tired and knew there was a lot of workout left, so I'm saving that for a later date.
Also, I'm finally getting comfortable holding the bar lower on my back (Matt and everyone else agreed it was way to high on my back before). This is making my squat improve overall.

Box Squats:
135x4x2
145x4
155x4

Cleans/High Pulls:
I tried to clean, but my form is awful and I almost fell after one attempt at 111. I just decided to do high pulls and work on explosiveness from my legs.
121x4
131x3
141x2
161x1 (not really high enough)

Mule kicks (Eagle Glute machine):
210x8x3 for each leg (pretty easy with the right leg, brutally hard for my left)

Ab Cable Pulldown:
60x10
80x10x2
This really killed my pinky fingers, which felt jammed by the black part of the rope thing

Incline Abs:
Body weightx10x3

Since I've hit two maxes this week, I'll do an updated tally here:
Bench Press: 165
Squat: 185 (haven't tried a 1 rep max though)
Deadlift: 280
Total: 630

2 comments:

Vit said...

Looks like your making good progress in all your lifts. Keep it up.

Juggernaut, the said...

I think it's due to the EAGLE GLUTE MACHIIIIIINEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

...

YEAHHHHHHHHHH!