Tuesday, December 29, 2009

12.28.09 Bench and Shitlift before the Shit Show

Bench Press
warmups
95x5
115x5 (wide grip)
115x5 (medium)
115x5 (close)
125x5 (wide)
125x5 (medium)
125x5 (close)

Standing Press
45x10
75x5x3

Tricep Pulldown
80x10x3

Deadlift
135x5
this is when the trouble started. It had been a good 3 weeks since I last deadlifted. Plus I wasn't using bumper plates and wasn't on an olympic platform. I didn't have chalk or a belt. And I'm sure I was tired from all the upper body work, but I knew I needed to get some deadlifting in so I overexerted myself....Okay enough excuses...time for the embarrassment.
185-failed... inner thighs were on FIRE and got it off the ground a little but I either didn't have the proper motivation of Matt, Luke, Ben, et al. not being there or I am just a pussy. Worst thing is my friend who I was lifting with doesn't know shit so he couldn't even give me advice on what I was doing wrong.

Hip Adducter Machine
I thought that maybe that burning sensation in my thighs was my body telling me to do this machine... so I did it until I could do no more at 130 pounds.

Gym was about to close so on my way out I noticed something that I just could not resist...

CYBEX EAGLE GLUTE MACHINEEEEEEEEE
150 (machine max)x10 (each leg)x3

I'll be in Big Bear snowboarding and drinking copious amounts of beverages until Jan 2. I look forward to seeing you all at the Wooden Center on the 4th so you can all call me a pussy for my SOFT deadlift. Happy New Years to all you guys.

No comments: