Saturday, December 19, 2009

12.19.09--Hybrid Day

Well, I had avoided the gym for too long (thanks COD: Modern Warfare 2) and decided today I HAD to go. There is a squat rack and two benches, but not many weights at my gym. To be honest, I wanted to focus most on bench, but also get some squats in because squats grow facial hair.

Bench press:
warmups
95x5
135x4
145x2
155x1
165xf (got it like 5 inches off the chest, then couldn't do more...however, I'm going to save my excuses for later)

Tricep pulldowns:
70x10
80x10
90x8

Squats:
warmups
135x5
155x3
165x2
form on these felt BAD. My spotter was my friend from highschool who rarely lifts and weighs 125 pounds, so I wasn't very comfortable in the rack. However, the balance with the Chucks is a LOT better.

Abs
situps and crunches in my room until I felt tired

Ice skating:
took a girl on a date to an outdoor ice rink. She has been figure skating since she was 6. I've been ice skating maybe a total of 6 times. However, I only fell once, so I'm calling it a PR. We skated for like an hour, so I'm anticipating some soreness tomorrow.

For the upcoming week, I'm going to be in Arizona and Palm Springs. The hotels there should have gyms of some sort, but I'm probably going to have to be creative to find things that aren't cardio.

Also, I did a weigh in today at my gym because I'm convinced the scale in the Wooden Center is biased to make people feel heavier than they actually are. I clocked in at 174, which is encouraging because I am planning on putting on more leg muscle from squats.

1 comment:

clay said...

playa playin his play