Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Squat

12/15/09
Squats
215 x 5 x 2
225 x 5

Box Squats
135 x 8
145 x 8
165 x 8

Hang Cleans
135 x 3 x 3
145 x 2 x 2

Calf Raises, Kneeling Cable Crunches, Bridges

I met a powerlifter today who works at the gym I've been going to (Boston Sports Club). He's been to raw nationals and a bunch of other meets, and will be at the Arnold this year. He told me I wasn't going to the best powerlifting gym and that there's a better gym in the area, but it's pretty far away (that's the gym where he lifts). He also told me to eat more after I told him I compete at 165.

8 comments:

Kyle said...

Dave would suggest NOG for this problem. If you hate NOG, try making pancakes or waffles with nog instead of milk. Then it is awesome, and the scales will move.

clay said...

greg is already strong enough as is. Im jus trying to catch up to him when he is 30 lbs lighter. he shouldn't gain weight or else I will never have a chance

Juggernaut, the said...

What gym did the guy suggest you go to?

Juggernaut, the said...

Also, can you take the Red Line into MIT? I think there are still a few people/powerlifters over at MIT's Z Center that you could hook up with. Plus you can get the scoop on what their set up looks like.

Nathan Beckmann said...

Dave, you know, we could talk about this if you unblocked me on gtalk.

I mean, seriously.

Greg said...

I'll have to ask him again about the name of the gym where his coach and he work out.

Greg said...

Also, I take the green line into Boston. I think I could probably get to MIT.

Nathan Beckmann said...

@ Greg: It's probably Total Performance Sports (I go there Mon and Fri) or Olympia Barbell...but there are a few other gyms in the area. TPS is pretty legit though ... Matt Rhodes, CJ Murphy, etc..

Anyway. If you want to check out MIT or TPS, hit me up at nathan.beckmann@gmail.com. But MIT's hours over break aren't so great.