Friday, December 11, 2009

12/11 Training

Deadlift: 210x3
240x3
270x5 (no belt)

Block Pull: (used 100lb plate as block): 270x8 (no belt)

Pull-ups: BWx12-6-3 (21 RP)

Cable Abs: 105x10, 7 (stopped b/c these started hurting my elbow)

Well not a bad training session today considering that I am sick. My sinuses were full of crap and the room was spinning, so deadlifting was a little more difficult than it should have been. Advil Cold & Sinus + Airborne + Lots of food = Healing faster.

On another note, I am liking the rest-pause assistance work. It is very time efficient, and feels pretty effective as well. I am trying to keep my total volume for the rest pause sets somewhere in the 11-20 zone (20-30 for the pullovers), and increase the weight when I get close to that upper rep limit.

Military Press tomorrow.

6 comments:

Jake Ceccarelli said...

Airborne = waste of money.

Kyle said...

Its just basically an alka-seltzer multi-vitamin. I already had some, so I figure might as well use it. And mega-doses of Vitamin C can help lower cortisol and speed recovery (which is always a plus).

Jake Ceccarelli said...

Here's my take on supplements: if it actually works, it's banned.

Kyle said...

Hahaha, I wholeheartedly agree on that one.

Brent Tanaka said...

JAKE NAILED IT... "if it actually works, it's banned"

Kyle said...

So should I lace my meatloaf with Dbol to get better?