Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Squat/Bench

Squat
225 x 5
235 x 3
245 x 3
255 x 2+1 with a slight spot at my sticking point halfway up
185 x 10
-I moved my stance out slightly since I find it easier to sit back this way and prevent my knees from coming too far forward

Bench (paused)
165 x 3
175 x 3
180 x 3 -PR
195 x 1
145 x 10 (unpaused)
-I was surprised at how good benching felt today, especially since I squatted heavy first. It may have something to do with having a full week's rest since last time benching. I've had a hard time keeping up with 2 bench days a week so I'll probably just do light low volume benching on Saturday's from now on.

Pullups supersetted with Leg raises
BW x 12, 10, 10 (different grips)/BW x 25, 15, 20
-Did this as one continuous set since Wooden was closing in 5 minutes.

4 comments:

Juggernaut, the said...

You'd better watch out. Luke is coming for you.

Also, for the secondary bench days, focus on the standing press and then do whatever assistance work will help with your weak points.

Vit said...

Ya Darvin and Luke are both trying to creep up on me...this is a problem.

Matt Buttimer said...

Sounds like a PERSONAL problem to me...

Kyle said...

You've forgotten about the dark horse candidate: Sunny. He is stronger than us in the squat/deadlift (320 & 460), and may catch up in bench once his shoulder heals.