Thursday, December 3, 2009

12/03/09 Shirted Bench

So today was the first time in about 7 months I have done shirted bench work. It was also the first time using the new Super K A/S.

Considering its a new shirt and all, it was pretty easy to get into from what I had been used to with other shirts. It took a little while to get it seated in a comfortable position (as if any position could be considering comfortable in a bench shirt) and I still feel like in the back of both armpits by the tricep the shirt could be pulled in a bit. That should happen as I work it in more.

Enough talking, here is how it went.

Shirted Bench:
275 x 3 5-board
275 x 3 4-board
295 x 2 4-board
315 x 2 3-board
335 x 1 3-board
All the weights flew up, the actual pressing part was easy, its was more taxing to stretch the shirt out and row it into the boards. For the 275 and 295 sets I was basically tucking it down to my dick - a combination of the unworked shirt and light weight. But for the 315 and 335 sets the bar placement was much better.

Tricep Death:
145 0-6 board
150 failed due to sabotage by a certain team member (although the way it was going I would've prob failed around somewhere on the 5-board).

4 comments:

Scott Salomon said...

"I was basically tucking it down to my dick"

That sounds like a personal problem.

Juggernaut, the said...

@Scott welcome to the wonderful world of shirted benching.

@Matt what was your previous PR in your old shirt? (I forget what that shirt was. Rage-X?)

Kyle said...

I think he said it was somewhere around the 335.

Matt Buttimer said...

It was a Rage-X and in competition it was 330 and in the gym it was 350.