Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Week B #2

Gear:
None / no belt

Power Cleans:
225, 2/2/6x1 (2 sets of 2 + 6 singles)

Couldn't keep up the doubles, so just went for 10 total lifts.
I need to switch these to Friday. The heavy pull work on Monday is killing whatever advantage there is to putting these first on Wednesday. I'll put Chin-ups back on Wednesday, it serves very well as a nice rest for the lower back while still pulling.

Olympic-Style Front Squats:
305, 2 x 1 (2 singles) (+5 PR)

Easier than ever. Fear me, Tarenenko.

Dumbbell Bench Press:
130s, 8/6/4 (1 set of eight reps + 1 set of 6 reps + 1 set of 4 reps) (+INF PR)

I was supposed to do sets of 6 today, but after got 6 pretty easily I just kept going and got 8 on the first set. This means that I increased by 3 total lifts on this exercise in two weeks, which is exactly what I wanted.

No comments: