Wednesday, December 10, 2008

12-10

Lifted at UCI again. I think i'll be lifting there from now on. It's so much more convenient.



Power snatch 77/2 x 4

Snatch 80/2 88/2 x 5 (got all the reps but 1, missed a couple times but made up for them later)

These were actually very easy reps except for the fact that my mid back is sore and doesn't flex all that well right now. This is a good indicator for my test because I haven't lost much strength, and when my back is recovered I should be very strong.

Sn. Pull 100/1 105/1 x 5 Pulled very high, easy

Power clean + jerk 90/1+2 x 5 Best feeling jerks in a long time

Back squat 115/3 x 4



Well, my knees have been acting up lately, although never when I lift. If I squat down on my toes then they hurt. When I squat they are pretty much fine. Not quite sure what to do about that. The strain is caused by the additional torque that the knees experience from my claves when they sit on them and it only hurts when my knees are very forward and deep enough for my claves to be pushing on them as well. I think the week of Christmas I'm going to take a week off from the lifts and squatting and just do assistance so I can recover some for the new year and new training cycle.



For the next training cycle I'm either going to take the class I program (hopefully) or the beginning of the class II program (God I hope not) and completely change it to work my weaknesses while still keeping the main parameters the same (number of lifts, intensity, number of classic lifts, number of 90%+ lifts). I'll basically change it from pull-intensive to overhead support intensive because that is my glaring weakness. In pulling I just need to focus on technique (which is pretty good anyway) and use my strength/explosiveness from all the training I've done on it so far. On the jerk I just need some strength in my upper back which will be gained from jerks, BTN jerks, overhead supports, overhead squats (close and snatch grip), and some BTN presses with jerk hand spacing.

1 comment:

Nathan Beckmann said...

Start icing your knees. It won't seem to do much at first, but give it a month or so and the knees will start feeling better. Also, stop doing whatever makes them hurt.