Monday, December 15, 2008

The Devil's Lair: DE Bench

Today was the first day at Diablo Barbell. I met a few of the guys, and Dalen Randa coached me today. Training here the entire winter break will cost me $150, which I feel is a very reasonable price considering Ted told me that most of the new people here routinely add 200-300lbs on each of their lifts. Conjugate system FTW.

Bench Press: 95x3x8

Dalen said that I need to get more leg drive and focus on bending/pulling the bar apart. He said everything else looked good, except that ideally I should be benching to my upper abs (not a possibility in USAPL). He is also able to do that strange belly inflation thing that I do, and said that I should do it when I bench.

Tate Press: 35x10
40x10, 10, 10

Cambered Bar Chest Supported Rows: bar + 50lbs x 10
+90lbs x 6
+70lbs x 8
+50lbs x 10, 10

Rickshaw Shrugs (device weighs 135lbs): 185x10, 10, 10, 10

Warm-up was a ~300ft trip with a sled, and the workout ended with reverse hypers and abs. This will be done on all lifting days. Tomorrow is ME Squat, so I look forward to not being able to walk.

2 comments:

Juggernaut, the said...

Kyle: please bring back pictures. Also, their sled.

Kyle said...

Hopefully I will get a camera for xmas. Now I will fill your head with dancing visions of 2 power racks, 2 monolifts, 2 competition benches, reverse hypers, ghrs, cable pulleys, dumbbells up to 200lbs, and a complete set of strongman implements. Oh yeah, a wide variety of bars (normal, fat, safety squat, cambered, etc).