Friday, December 12, 2008

Exercises I probably shouldn't do

Deadlift off blocks:
385 x 5
475 x 5
565 x 5
615 x owww

After the first set, my pecs were feeling nasty. Whenever I have some heavy pec work followed by exhausted lats, my pecs feel like their about to tear off at the shoulder. The feeling has only happened twice before but with zerchers off pins. I think it's my traps not being able to keep my upper back together, so the pecs try to compensate and get obliterated. I stopped at 615 because as soon as I had it an inch off, it felt like they were certain to rip. I can't wait for bench tomorrow <3

Seated goodmornings:
All high-bar
135 x 12
225 x 10
135 x 5 + 135 x 10 (no belt)
135 x 12

Decided to take the belt off to work the abs more. Coming down deep with the bar on the pins really hits them pretty hard. I was planning to go up more but this exercise kills my sciatica still. It feels better now after all those reps, so I'm hoping I loosened things up.

Had to leave early to grade exams. 180 exams * 12 pages = 2160 moments of fun.

3 comments:

Phil Russell said...

Hey, who wants to start taking bets on how Dave is going to injure himself next? I've got $20 on aggravating his sciatica to the point that he is reduced to one-legged squats on the Bozu ball (HAH).

GH said...

I've got $20 on passing out during a heavy set while sick or tearing a muscle body... probably bicep or pectoral... any takers?

Juggernaut, the said...

$20 says I live until I'm 1200 injury free forever.

Also, the pec isn't injured, it was just going to get that way if I kept going. KNOW YOUR LIMITS™

The bicep is feeling better. I think it's box squats that aggravate it as the bar seems to slip more then.