Monday, December 15, 2008

FOUR STAR SQUAT

Trained today at Four Star Gym out in El Segundo. Pretty legit gym. They have everything there. Very bare bones but an awesome atmosphere.

Squat:
Wanted to work up to something a little heavier, so I threw on the centurion with straps down, below the belt. It's like tight briefs but does give some rebound.

405 x 2
425 x 3
445 x 3
465 x 1 + 1 fail + 1 success

The last set, I miss grooved the second rep and came back too much on my heels. After a spot up, I nailed the 3rd easy. It's probably good that I get used to heavier weights again to prevent this sort of thing from happening.

Cambered Bar Box Squats:
I'd only done good mornings with this bar, but these were much harder than I expected. The swinging motion makes it feel very unstable. Also, the bar has to be high on the back otherwise it feels like it is about to fall off at all times.
The box we used was high. Probably 3-4" above parallel.

245 x 5
335 x 3
385 x 3
425 x 5
475 x fail
475 x 1

The guy we were training with decided to go up and hit 475 after i did. I got pissed that I failed and then got it. Not super crazy pissed, but just mad that I even failed.

Kettle-bell Pull Throughs:
I love these things.

45 x 10, each arm
45 x 10, each arm
54 x 8, each arm

Sled pull:
215 x 40 yards down and back

One of the other older guys then did 350. He made it seem easy, so I thought I might try it..

350 x 40 yards... slooowwww

Oh man, this shit was unreal. The last 10 yards were like 6" gains per step. I was scrapping for it pretty hard. Jay booted all over the front lawn after he gutted out his trip. The guys called him Ralph after that.

350 x 40 backwards

A little easier, more quads. Hard at the end though.

4 comments:

Brent Tanaka said...

Hey dave, can Stevie's brother try out the 56 Phenom? We put it on him today and it seems to fit pretty well.

Juggernaut, the said...

yeah, no problem. I have the 48" now and I'll probably use the F6 as my back-up shirt anyhow.

Juggernaut, the said...

Also, put some duct tape in his armpits so he doesn't bleed (for his sake, hahahaha)

Kyle said...

Dave, while you are looking for that shirt, can you check to see if that Blast shirt you gave me crept into your bag? I think it might have gotten in there when Brent gave you that shirt.