Friday, December 19, 2008

The Devil's Lair: DE Squat

As I feared, the form critiques of epic proportions came today. I need to focus (mainly) on sitting waaaaaaay back, not down, and driving up with the hips. Ted says that I am all quads, which is pitching me forward in my squat. And yes Brent, Ted actually yelled "BACK BACK BACK!"

Box Squat: 135x2x12

Deadlift (Conv): 225x1, 1, 1, 1
255x1, 1
275x1
315x1, 1

These were for speed (well, Kyle speed) and I got some good pointers on these too. The main one was to kind of pull your body under the bar before you actually started pulling. I didn't quite get it, but it will help fix my problem off the floor. 315 felt really easy though.

4 comments:

Juggernaut, the said...

That is awesome. Ted is giving you good advice.

Brent Tanaka said...

BACK, BACK, BACK is all the advices you need. What does he say as you're squatting it up? ARCH ARCH ARCH?

Juggernaut, the said...

Also, for deadlift, did he yell "HIPS HIPS HIPS," because that would be awesome

Kyle said...

no, he actually said HIPS! for the squat