Friday, December 5, 2008

CARDIO/CONDITIONING WEEK #3

AM

Cardio - ice skating 40 mins?

Got my skates from home. This was fun, but I was super rusty. I forgot how much it makes my lower back hurt, but this should be my staple cardio at least until March (when the ice rink closes). It's supposed to be good for the knees by strengthening the hips, which helps keeps the knees out during heavy squats, deads.

PM

Bench 140x5 (50%), 170x4x2 (60%), 195x3x3 (70%)

Flies 30x10x3

Squat 215x5 (50%), 255x4x2 (60%), 300x3x3 (70%)

Rene said my depth was very low on these. I need to fix that.

  Wore a belt on the last set. It feels like a totally different lift when I have the belt on. I feel like I'm just a spring that pops right back up.

Dips BWx8x3

I think I need to add weight to these. They feel ridiculous.

Good mornings 175x5x3

Focusing on strict form. Hamstrings have been sore for 4 days (literally), so I couldn't go deep on this really.


2 comments:

GH said...

Fuck yeah ice skating hurts your back. 6 years of Hockey taught me that.

Nathan Beckmann said...

Shit, I didn't know you played hockey. I was happy to find that people in New England aren't all amazing skaters -- I was still one of the better ones on the ice.