Friday, December 26, 2008

Recovery Effort: The Deadlifting

Off-week for deadlift. Felt pretty tired today for some reason

Stiff-legged Deadlift:
407 x 5
427 x 5
457 x 5

I wasn't expecting to go over 407, but things felt easy and the sciatica felt ok, so I pushed myself a little.

I was planning to do good-mornings next, but on Monday, the squat suit had left some big gashes above my hips and today the belt re-opened them. I had to get bandaids to stem the bleeding, which was a first for me. The bench-shirt armpit gashes are at least hidden somewhat. Bleeding from your hips is not so hot.

Lunges:
135 x 10 each leg
225 x 8 each leg (exhausting)
245 x 4 each leg
225 x 5 each leg

Seated Good-Mornings:
I discovered this jumbo pad for the bar that lets you put the bar right on the neck. Doing good mornings with it feels like using an SS-bar, which is brutal.

135 x 10, 4 sets.

Hyperextensions:

green band x 2 reps

These are amazing in their ability to immediately irritate my sciatic nerve.

(superset)
Adductors
220 x 30
220 x 20
220 x 12

Hanging Leg Raises:
3 triple-sets
220

No comments: