Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Ouch

Well, about halfaway though my workout, I tried to clean and jerk 90kg. While normally a perfectly simple task, today it was complicated by the fact that, during the jerk, the muscles of my mid back siezed up, causing several pops and leaving me on the floor. I got the best ab workout I've had in years from this because my abs tightened (and are still tightening) to stabilize my back. It wasn't very easy to breathe when this first happened but now I'm used to it. The pain is just regular, but very severe, soreness at this point so I'm confident I'll be back in action soon, but it still hurts like a bitch. Doing anything but leasving my back in its current position causes rather pronounced pain so I need to do things like sumo deadlift stuff off the floor and turn my whole body if I want to face left or right. The good news: the injury occurred exactly in the muscles I've been working in the jerk, which explains why Sunday's and today's workouts sucked ballsack. It also means that I'm probably working the right muscles, just a little too hard. Good to know.

4 comments:

Kyle said...

damn dude. and here we thought it would be dave that would injure himself next (again)...

Jake Ceccarelli said...

There's more than 1 fragile china doll around here.

Jake Ceccarelli said...

I'm now 1600mg of ibuprofen deep. Going for a PR.

Juggernaut, the said...

I AM INVINCIBLE