Saturday, December 20, 2008

Today

Today I did a few snatches at 90kg (85%) and missed 1 or 2 at 95(90%). Back felt good but I agreed with Mike that there was no need to push it. Clean and jerked up to 115 (90%) and it felt pretty easy. Again, no need to push it. This week (Christmas week) will be a light week (very light, basically an off week). I haven't had one in like 6 months so I think it'll do me good. After that I'm going to repeat the Medvedyev class II program from the beginning. I haven't reached the total required for class I yet and my technique has a few issues that need to be worked out before I go to the class I program anyway. I'll be modifying it to include more jerks and some overhead squats to help the bottom of my snatch.

Looking forward, there are NO California meets in the next 6 months, except for Junior Nationals, which I don't think I'm elligible for. So, my plan is to follow the meet schedule in the program and simply test maxes on the Saturdays which correspond to the meets scheduled in the book.

No comments: