Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Need More Deficit

Deadlift:
225x1x5
275x1x4
315x1x3
345x1x3 belted from here on
365x2x2
385x1x1
385x1x2

Deadlift from a deficit (Manny made a platform that's about 2.5inches thick and can be used for sumo deadlifts from a deficit)
315x3x3

Finished with banded abs on glute-ham and yoga ball crunches with one leg up.

I definitely need to do more deadlifting from a deficit to work on my speed off the floor. The third rep of each set from a deficit came up VERY slowly, but as usual, once up, the lockout was no problem.

I also realized that my squat suit is WAY too loose. Tanya (girl who benched 300/squatted 400) was saying that it took her a bit to even do a half squat in her suit, with a lot of weight. ...and I can do more than a half squat without any weight.


Anyways, what other exercises can I do to work on speed/strength off the floor?

1 comment:

Juggernaut, the said...

You might try doing super-wide sumo deadlifts. These will work the hips a lot, but may help with speed. I think deficit deadlifts are a good first start though.