Monday, December 8, 2008

Squatting for recovery

A bizarre squat day.

Squat:
405 x 5, 3 sets

These felt horrrrible. Unracking the weight result in searing pain down my glute. I could tell I was getting better because the calf didn't hurt as well though. The pain made the lift really unstable. I was all over the place for most of the reps.

Box Squat:
w/ purples. (Going for RE)
315 x 4
365 x 4
405 x 3 + 1 fail

The 315 felt bad. But somehow after the set, the pain went away. Like all of it. I'm not sure what I did, but it feel amazing. I haven't felt this good or flexible since the pain started, even when I was on muscle relaxers. rawk.

Pause Squat:
365 x 2 @ 5 seconds
385 x 2 @ 5 seconds
405 x 2 @ 5 seconds

Trey kept putting weight on for me without asking what I wanted. Cold. Blooded. He also had this nasty slow count where it was 1-2-3-4-5-up. For the last set there were like 10 random dudes watching, which was very motivating

Lunges:
Just to make sure the legs were dead...

225 x 8 per leg
255 x 4 per leg
225 x 6 per leg

They were definitely dead by the end of that. This was one of those long, epic workouts where you feel it right away and don't stop for several days. I was in a pretty good mood from not being in pain, so I just couldn't stop squatting. <3

Also, we have another new guy who just flew in from Boston today. He seems legit and stayed through the entire workout (but didn't lift from having not eaten and slept (which was smart (unless you train like me))). I'm looking forward to getting the team organized for some meets in the spring.

5 comments:

Kyle said...

I'll be there tomorrow.

Juggernaut, the said...

We might be going later. 9pm?

Brent Tanaka said...

Please come tomorrow Kyle. I had to take all of Dave's heat today which he normally directs at you. He called me names such as "pussy" and said that Terence was a better man than me. It was depressing, but also got me pretty fired up.

Juggernaut, the said...

Terence was low box squatting more than Brent. I couldn't just sit idly by...

Kyle said...

LOL