Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Devil's Lair: Moar Deadlifts

Pin Pulls against quadded minis: 185x3
225x3
265x3
285x1
305x1
315x1
335xMiss

Ted said that I missed the last one because I was loose at the start(but my form overall was better). I need to work on pulling the slack out of the bar, and of course, getting stronger hamstrings. Ted said that the bands were ~180 or so at the top. Good to know my lockout is pretty strong.

Cambered Bar Suspended GM's: 150x5
180x5
200x5
220x5, 5, 5

These felt awesome in a really brutal way. I really feel these in the glutes/hams, which is exactly where I need work.

PROWLER (plate count is total weight on prowler): 2 plates x 2 trips
2plates + 2 25's x 2
4 plates x 2 (this sucked)

Reverse Hyper and Abs to finish.

I have been learning the conjugate system from Ted, and he wants me to keep with the westside methods while I am still at UCLA. I figure it can work like this:

Monday: ME Lower
Tuesday: DE Bench
Thursday: DE Lower
Saturday: ME Bench

He has me using straight weight for most of this, so its all good.

2 comments:

Juggernaut, the said...

How much of your workouts have been primarily directed by Ted? I mean, does he select which exercises and how many sets/reps to do?

Why not do DE Bench on Wednesday?

Kyle said...

He has selected the exercises and basic sets/reps on most of the days, and explained the basic principles behind everything as well as other specific movements to do. I am also posting on the Diablo Barbell Forum now, so he will speak up if he sees something wrong.

Also, I figured that it would be best to try and adapt the lifting schedule to our normal days, but just doing slightly different stuff.