Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Week B REdux #2

Gear:

None / no belt

Olympic-Style Front Squat:
295, 2 x 1 (2 singles) (+5 PR)

I did it again just to make sure (haha)

Dumbbell Bench Press:
120s, 3x8 (3 sets of 8 reps)

These were sort of anti-climactic. I thought they would be at least somewhat tough, not so much. So knock it up to 130s next time (no 125s).

Oh yeah, Nathans, Dumbbell Press > Dumbbell Flies w/ 35s, so quit those already.

Chin-ups:
BW + 30 lbs, 4/3/3/3

Tough, need to stay at this weight next time.

1 comment:

Nathan Beckmann said...

I tend to somewhat agree, but you have to understand where it fits in with Sheiko. It is an active recovery movement, just like the dips, lunges, and good mornings. I don't do any of those heavy enough to actually count towards strength gained, but since I bench so much I do a lot of light work with the pressing muscles to keep them healthy. The flies are a way to target the pecs and tire them before doing dips so I get my triceps. Also, if I were doing flies for strength, I would use a lot more than 30 #.

On Sheiko, the strength gain comes from bench, squat, and deadlift exclusively.