Saturday, December 6, 2008

Friday Shenanigans

(I'm switching my format to weight x reps x sets, it just makes more sense to me)

Deadlift:
135, 225, 315 x 5
405 x 3 x 3 - Speed was average, but they were all dumb easy.
455 x 1 x 3 - Blood rush to head on these, body needs to adapt. Didn't struggle on any reps.

Note: No equipment. Hands felt okay. Some dude thought he was tough shit doing 3 plate deadlifts with his belt and straps, yelling his longs out. I kind of rushed my warmup sets so I could to my repping sets at 4 plates. I just lifted the weight smoothly and I'm sure he felt like a tool. Also, some soccer player was doing "squats"... and I tend to shake my head when people do exercises crappily. Anyway, I guess he saw me and so he says "What? You think you can do better?" I'm not really paying attention to him this point, so I look up at the guy and before I say anything, there's an off duty trainer who is nearby and says, "Dude, you are barking up the wrong tree. This guy would destroy you."--this guy saw me doing my 4 plate reps on monday. I kind of laughed and didn't actually say anything.

Cleans:
135x6
155x6
185x5, 185x6 - my speed was fucked up on the first set. Was great after.

Speed Bench:
135x10
155x10x2
175x10x1
All these sets were fine. I'll be happy when my 185 flies up fast like these.

Overall, my grip felt better than last week and my recovery time is taking big steps forward again. I'm almost back to where I was for squats (4 and 4.25 for working sets). Bench, I'm getting my sets in at 225 (225x5) and I'm back up to 90s for dumbells... but it still feels really difficult. Blah blah blah. Light weight.

No comments: