Wednesday, December 17, 2008

4STAR Bench

Bench:
All reps paused

275 x 5, 3 sets

These felt pretty good. I'm not as explosive off my chest with a full pause, but I think that is to be expected. Next week I will try to move up to 280-285

Board Press:
315 x 3
335 x 3
345 x 2

The last set was irritating. The dudes there spotted for me and on my second rep, I came down a little low and was grinding it up and one of the other guys said "take it." I was like 2" from lock-out. I probably would have gotten a 3rd rep or come close.

At this point, I got a call from the gf saying she was 10 minutes from my place, which was an hour earlier than expected. I had an 8am flight, so I had to take off. I guess this wasn't so bad since I wanted to take it easy on my pecs.

1 comment:

Brent Tanaka said...

Which one of the guys said "take it"? I hate it when people touch the bar too early.