Tuesday, December 30, 2008

ME Squat

Decided to do a heavy squat before the meet and see where I was. Today I was still very sore from last thursday's stiff legs + lunges. Sitting was hard.

Squat:
405 x 2 (straps down)
455 x 1 (straps down)
495 x 1 (straps up)
525 x 1 (straps up, loose knee wraps)
555 x 1 (same)
575 x 1 (same)

All of them felt pretty good. Those watching for depth said they were all below parallel too. 575 was slower than I would have liked, but everyone said I buried it deep and it looked fine. The walkout was fine until the 575 when I came out a little too narrow and had to readjust. We took videos of them too, which helped.

SS-bar low box squats:
used blue bands
155 x 4
245 x 2
245 x 2 + 50 lbs of chains
275 x 2 + 50 lbs of chains
225 x 2 + 50 lbs of chains

Sled work
went as fast as possible on each
215 x 2 trips
240 x 2 trips

Standing banded abs:
5 sets with blue band

The bad part about today was that I noticed I weighed around 192, which is significantly heavier than I would like to be this close to the meet. I will need to increase my cardio to drop 5-6 lbs at this point and then try to squeeze out the water for the weigh in. The suit felt great and was tight. I'm hoping it doesn't loosen too much from dropping the weight.

No comments: