Saturday, December 27, 2008

Deads

Deadlift off blocks (bar was just below knees):
475 X 1
515 X 1
545 X 1
565 X 1
575 X fail (I was doing these with a taped pinkie because it opened up last week. I took the tape off after this set because I felt that I was losing my grip at the top.)
575 X 1 (I was setting this one up and a guy shoved a jar of ammonia in my face, so I took 2 hits and got it. Also, the pinkie opened up again.)

S-S Bar Good Mornings:
Holy shit these were hard!
135 X 5
185 X 5
225 X 3
225 X 3

Banded Decline Sit ups supersetted with Banded hamstrings
3 sets

Neck work

3 comments:

Phil Russell said...

Brent, I would NOT recommend doing heavy sets of SSB Good Mornings. I injured my lower back this summer doing exactly that. The bar places a lot of stress on your lower back in that movement and the heavy weight can (and did) cause an injury once form breaks down. Your choice, but I urge you to at least consider the risks (serious injury) vs. the rewards (marginal impact on your DL performance). There are other, safer lower back builders such as strict straight-bar good mornings, stiff-leg DLs and the DL itself.

Brent Tanaka said...

Good looking out Phil. I don't think I'll be doing these again. The guy I was doing them with just wanted to try them because he never did them before either. We both agreed that they didn't feel quite right. Cambered bar good mornings felt a lot better but straight bar good mornings are still my favorite.

Kyle said...

cambered bar good mornings kick ass!