Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Devil's Lair: Deadlift

So it was deadlift day today. I started out with my conventional DL. Hillary told me to really get tight behind the bar and load my hamstrings. I felt it on the later sets, but my hamstrings are weak so it didn't help.

Conventional: 315x1
345x1
365x1 PR

Then Ted had me put on my suit to see what my sumo looked like. Ted gave me a bunch of pointers (which in the end amounts to what Dave does in his pull - Good Job Dave). Ted mandated that I pull sumo for the meet.

Sumo pulls: 275x1, 1, 1
315x1, 1, 1

Chain-Suspended Giant Cambered Bar Good Morning (Feet on Fire): 110x5
150x5
180x5, 5, 5

I really like these. The camber makes the movement a lot easier on the shoulders and this really hammered my hams (lol).

PROWLERRR: 25's x 2 trips
45's x 4 trips (Was only supposed to do 2 trips but I forgot)
45's + 25's x 2 trips (hard)

And the regular warm-up sled, rev hyper, and abs apply. Been pushing the weight/reps on these every workout. I have the feeling I'm going to come back 10 lbs heavier with most of that being on my lower back.


ALSO, Dave. We need a cambered/Safety squat bar and a sled/prowler. These things are awesome. Possibly a Monolift as well (just kidding about that one).

2 comments:

Juggernaut, the said...

ALSO, Dave. We need a cambered/Safety squat bar and a sled/prowler. These things are awesome. Possibly a Monolift as well (just kidding about that one).

Yes, I know... we have tried pushing for these things for years. The prowler is coming. The SS-bar will probably be next. Part it will depend on what kind of funding the club can get. <3


Also, why does Ted want you to pull sumo? You're stronger on conventional, right? Or at least your form looks better.

Kyle said...

It was determined that my conventional sucks more than my sumo. And the fact that I pulled 400 sumo at the mini-meet. Ted also mentioned that it would benefit more from me strengthening my hips for the squat than conventional. I needz moar hamstrings!