Friday, January 22, 2010

1.22.10--Deadlift

Meeting with RD re: Hurricane Scott
10 hours of community service with RAs
1 page personal apology letter to all people affected by incident
5 page paper reflecting on my experiences and how this will impact my future
Remake posters for each room
Housing probation--another violation of rules will result in me being kicked out.
All of these requirements must be completed by Feb. 5 or I get a hold placed on me and may get kicked out.
FAIL

Deadlift
111x5
215x3
250
285
300
315 PR NEW MAX!
I didn't want to go for more, because right now I am pumped and thinking confidently for the meet. I feared that failure would psychologically fuck me over, so I didn't attempt more.
I did make some changes that really helped me. 1) I didn't shoot myself in the foot by coming in with personal problems (such as being drunk from the night before) 2) I chalked up nice and good, and the platform had a good tackiness to it, assuring no grip issues 3) Matt pointed out my stance was way too wide given my shit flexibility, which killed my leg drive. Correcting this gave me the ability to get it off the ground quickly, and I've never really had a lockout problem.

Band-resisted Deadlift (purples)
155x5
215x3x3 with full commands

GMOP
warmups
135x5
145x5
185x3
205x3

Banded Hamstring Curls
35 total

Abs in room

1 comment:

Vit said...

Make sure to mention in the 5 page paper that your deadlift has been increasing as a result of your actions. Nice work on the PR.