Thursday, January 21, 2010

1/20 Training

The White Devil returns to the training log.

I have been training 3 times per week, because of a rather fast-paced school schedule this quarter. I am going off of an A1/B1/A2/B2 split (A is chest, shoulders, triceps, back; B is biceps, forearms, legs) doing 1 set to failure for each body part - allowing me to get in and out of the gym in a fairly short period of time while still adding muscle mass and strength. My goal is to reach a bodyweight of 240-250 by the beginning of Fall 2010.

Here was yesterday's training:

Seated Barbell Curl: 90x7
Pinwheel Curl: 40x13/13
Standing Calf Raise: 220x12
Sumo Leg Press: 520x20
V-Squat Machine: 270x17

It was a "B" day, and also the day that had nothing low back intensive. I'm finding that my lower back needs a bit more recovery time than usual, so I give it a break on one of the B days. Next training day is Friday.

Diet wise, I am trying to get in 3-4lbs of meat and .5lbs of peanuts a day, and stay consistent with that. This makes up the bulk of my caloric intake (somewhere around 5-5.5k) and protein intake (usually around 400g). The rest of my diet is fruit, fruit juice, vegetables, oats, and grits. Going to Costco tomorrow to stock up on meat.

5 comments:

Juggernaut, the said...

Two curl exercises? On the same day even? And one of them is named pinwheel...

Might I also recommend:
- Mr. Hugs Presses
- Unicorn Squats
- Max Heart Thrusts

Juggernaut, the said...

Srsly, though, good to see you post what you're up to these days. Keep it coming.

Kyle said...

Haha, yes Dave. 2 curls! The pinwheels are basically the cross-body hammer curls that I always do. There's a curl for biceps and a curl for forearms.

Darvin said...

Luke calls those Strength and Honor curls.

Kyle said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGqr4CJWs3E

Stronger men than me call them pinwheels, so I'm sticking to that name.