Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Uppr back

Chest supported Rows:
4 plates + 5 x 5
4 plates + 15 x 5, 5, 5

These were irritating my elbow right from the start.

Wide-grip Pull ups:
8, 10, 12, 12, 10

Shrugs:
with a barbell, which was a nice change
405 x 8, 8, 8, 8

My left abdominals (transversus?) on the side really started hurting after 6-7 reps. It's not a point of pain, but rather the entire muscle gets really sore like it's sprained. I think I need to see a sports therapist about this.

Finished with preacher curls. Went too heavy on the last set and the elbows start hurting

7 comments:

Ben said...

is it pure coincidence that some of us are having elbow pain?

is it in the joints of both of your elbows? - mine is.

this banded week is going well for me though. maybe you should give it a shot? - haha!

Jake Ceccarelli said...

Benching causes pain, as does a lot of the high rep upper body stuff you guys do. I'm sure not if there's much you can do about it... Powerlifting is a sport wraught with injuries of the types you're experiencing. Personally, the main thing that hurt my elbows were extensions and when I stopped doing those all my elbow pain went away. I've never experienced it with pulling movements before though...

Jake Ceccarelli said...

Dave, the pain may be caused by twisting and/or leaning back when you shrug, which could cause awkward stress on the muscles there.

Juggernaut, the said...

I saw the doctor and it looks like I sprained the muscles below my left rib. I think he thought it was an intercostal or where the external oblique inserts.

Juggernaut, the said...

Also, it's not exactly my elbows that hurt, it's the elbow ligaments themselves that are irritated. I've had nasty tendonitis in the elbow tendons before, and this is something very different. Basically, I can't put too much tension on the tendons directly without developing pain. Pulling motions are especially bad during a full extension/stretch.

Kyle said...

Ben, you can take Glucosamine/Chondroitin supplements to help with joint pain. Also Vitamin I.

Dave, nice work on the sprain. Probably b/c of the Reverse Band Squats, judging by how you limp out of the rack haha.

Is it the bicep tendon that's irritated? Or the tricep? Or something else?

Ben said...

Ok!! Thank you Kyle!!