Monday, May 24, 2010

5/24 ME Squat

Squat:
+34 Hardcore, straps down
275x3
+straps up
315x1
335x1
355x1
365x1 (50lb PR!)

Ransom Lift:
115x8
135x8, 8, 8

Abs

Decided to give the squat suit a whirl today and was awesomely suprised. The suit felt nice and snug, which lent itself to massive PR's.

After the squats, I wanted to do lunges, and decided to get a little weird with it. So I did Zercher-style lunges (bar in the elbows). Dave thought this was so frickin crazy that he christened it the "Ransom Lift".

Edit: Videos are now posted online.

9 comments:

Vit said...

Nice work on the massive squat PR Kyle!

Juggernaut, the said...

When was your 315 squat PR done?

Kyle said...

Last year sometime before I hurt my back.

Juggernaut, the said...

Was that in a different suit?

Juggernaut, the said...

Also did you weight less?

Kyle said...

1) Nope, same suit - 34 Hardcore. Only full suit I own.
2) Weighed about the same ~220ish, although I'm pretty sure I'm more muscular this time around.

Vit said...

Damn, those squat videos look pretty good Kyle. Keep it up, 400 is right around the corner.

Kyle said...

Thanks Vit! All I need to do is just fix these spider legs of mine haha

Ben said...

good work Kyle!! keep it up!!