Thursday, May 20, 2010

ME Squat

Squat:
straps up + loose knee wraps
495 x 2
550 x 1 @ 8
575 x 1 @ 9
600 x 1 @ 9+ (ties PR)

Not too bad. I'm not able to hit the hole as hard as I want with the straps up yet. Granted, this is my first week using them, but I'd like to see more speed. 600 felt decent and was definitely below depth, which was nice. I'll see how it goes next week when I go up.

Cleans
135 x 5
185 x 5, 5

No pain = success. Not my best clean day, but it felt good to pull something off the floor with no belt and no pain. Since box squats still kill my back, I'm going to have to rely on these and plyos for speed work until the meet.

Pause Squat:
315 x 3, 3, 3 @ 3 sec

Easy. Tried to get some pop at the top to work on my acceleration. I felt a little faster this today than normal.

Finished with 4 sets of ab wheel.

1 comment:

Vit said...

That 600 squat was FAST.