Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Squat 5

I went yesterday, but wasn't feeling it because I left my knee sleeves at home, so I just bagged it at left after running a mile. Came back today.

Squat:
405 x 5, 5, 5, 5, 5 @ 8 w/ monster-minis

Kept it light. Lower back still feels weird, but the legs feel as strong as ever.

SS-bar Squats off Pins:
225 x 5
275 x 5
295 x 5
315 x 5 @9+

I did one set with the barbell, but my shoulders are still feeling rough and the scabs on my back haven't healed from nationals yet, so I switched to the ss-bar. These felt good, but tough. I'm expecting to jump up next week now that I have a feel for where I can start from. This lift reminds me a lot of a conventional deadlift.

Zercher Squats:
135 x 8
185 x 8
225 x 8, 8

I was completely gassed at this point. I noticed that my adductors lit up even when I started warming up with the bar. All of my other squatting is close-stance, so I really need to make sure I'm doing something wide stance each cycle to maintain flexibility, especially for sumo as well.

Finished with ghr abs and a bunch of rotator cuff exercises. Apparently, I'm terribly weak at the backards motion rotator cuff exercises? I could do 50+ reps forward but only 15 or so backwards. Hopefully correcting this imbalance will start to address my shoulder issues.

No comments: