Saturday, August 6, 2011

2011 CA State Games of America

198 Junior/Open
Weigh in: 194.7 lbs

Squat
418.75 lbs -3 whites
440.75 -3 whites
457.25 -3 whites (39 lb meet PR)
I hit the hole a lot faster on the last attempt and it felt much better than 440. Probably left a few lbs on the platform, but regardless I was very satisfied with this. Thank you Dave for some excellent knee wraps.

Bench
281 lbs -3 whites
303 -2 whites 1 red (head came up) (50 lb meet PR)
330 -no lift, 2 reds 1 white (double dipped the bar and my head came up)
To be honest, all three of these lifts were pretty filthy as everyone who was there will attest to. Head came off the bench on all three of them and I touched pretty low too. I was very happy to actually be able to grind out 330 despite not getting the lift passed.

Deadlift
429 lbs -3 whites
462.75 -3 whites (22 lb meet PR)
501 -no lift, failed 2 inches above the knees
First two attempts were pretty easy and the plan was to try 485, which I probably could have gotten, but Dave and Misael insisted that I try 501 and I'm glad I did because there really was no reason not to. It was awesome having the whole team there to get psyched for me as well. I really would have liked to hit 501 but now there's no doubt in my mind that I'll exceed it at the next meet.

Total: 1223 lbs (115 lb meet PR)

This was definitely my best meet performance ever. First meet at 198, but I felt much better and more confident than I did at 181. I definitely have some form issues to address on all three lifts, mostly bench. But for now I really just look forward to continuing training. Thank you to all of the people who came to support the competitors. I had a great time spending the weekend with you.

1 comment:

Kyle said...

Greg, Ryan, and now Vit out-benching me? Hellllllllll naw.

Seriously though, good job on those sweet lifts Vit!