Thursday, August 18, 2011

Deadlift Assistance

Rack pulls (from middle of the knee)
In all of my failed deadlifts, the bar stops about 4 inches above my knee so the bar slows down right around the knee. Hence the bar placement for rack pulls.
405 x 5 @8
425 x 5 @9-
435 x 5 @9



Good mornings
135 x 8
185 x 9
225 x 8
225 x 5
My knees come forward when I do these, causing me to use my lower back and quads mostly. I tried to focus on pushing my ass back to take the tension in my hamstrings instead.

Standing abs
100 x 12
110 x 10
120 x 10, 10

Finished with 3 sets of high rep back extensions and lower body stretching.

3 comments:

Kyle said...

If your problem is the lockout Vit, you may want to emphasize using a much firmer lockout.

On all those reps, the lockout looked pretty soft. You should probably throw the hips into it, and hold at the top (contracting glutes super hard). Probably about a 1 sec hold/squeeze on each rep would do.

Vit said...

The hardest part for me on all those reps was the start (which is where I'm slowest in a full range deadlift), after that the lift goes up pretty quickly.

You're right though. I have a tendency to put the weight down immediately after locking it out. I'll try to purposely hold it for longer at the top. Thanks for the tip.

Kyle said...

And thank you for the motivation to deadlift more often. I gotta stay ahead :D