Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Shoulders/Tricep Work

Benching is not optimal due to minor pains in my shoulder when benching. I'm getting better but I want to let it heal completely. So, I've started concentrating more on overhead pressing and tricep work. I do some light bench variations on another day.

Military Press
110 x 5
130 x 3
150 x 1 (PR!)

Dips
Work up to a set of 6 reps

Side Laterals
3 sets of 6-10 reps

Overhead DB Extensions
3 sets of 6-10 reps

Ab-Wheel
3 sets for as many reps as possible

5 comments:

Kyle said...

Sunny, have you tried doing floor presses? It still has the bench-like motion, but no weird shoulder strain at the bottom.

Sunny said...

Oh yeah - thats a good idea. Maybe I'll start putting some floor presses in the mix too. Thanks for the tip!

Kyle said...

No problemo. You can just substitute them for the bench press (for now) and do them with the 5/3/1 template.

Nathan Beckmann said...

This may be overkill, I'm not familiar with your shoulder problems, but you can put on a loose Blast bench shirt to help with shoulder problems. Maybe Dave has one lying around. It should let you bench without any pain, depending on the problem.

Kyle said...

Nathan, I currently have the shirt that you are talking about. Sunny, if you want to test the shirt out, just come by one of the days we are lifting and we can see if it works. If not, keep doin your thang.