Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Finally Back!

Squats

Sorry guys. I've been out of the game for a while. One of my classes got shifted to 7 in the night and that shoulder injury has kept me from benching :(. I'm still working out in the mornings though. I'll join when I can and in the meantime I'll keep posting as regularly as possible. Hope you guys are doing well!

Yesterday was squats. I'm following Wendler's 5/3/1 and its working well (albeit slowly) for me.

Squats
275 x 5
305 x 3
335 x 1 (PR!)

Lunges
95 x 8
135 x 6
165 x 4

Leg Ext.
3 sets of 10-12 reps

Calf Raises
3 sets of 10-15 reps

Transverse Crunches
3 sets going as heavy as possible for 6 reps

4 comments:

Nathan Beckmann said...

Nice squat!

I'm a crusty old alum. Can you fill me in on yourself -- how old, tall, heavy are you? How long have you been training? Etc.

Kyle said...

Nice job Sunny! Looks like you're making good progress. What's with the shoulder though? Same as it was last year?

Sunny said...

@Nathan: I've been training for 3 years and started at a scrawny 125lbs. I'm 5'9", 23 years old. I weighed 165lbs when I started training with Dave and the guys (1 year ago). I'm currently 183-185lbs but I'm trying to gain weight (stuffing myself) so its not stable at the moment :)

@Kyle: Thanks a bunch man! Well the shoulder is MUCH better but I'm being cautious and leaning more towards the HS Bench Machines, Incline Presses and Militaries. I'll try to join you guys whenever I can.

Juggernaut, the said...

Great stuff Sunny! It's awesome to see you back! Hopefully we'll get to train together soon.