Monday, October 19, 2009

Nathan : 10/19

1. 10/19/09 - Mon - Intensity Week 2 - SQUAT

Weight: ??. Time: 1:40.

  The goal of this week is to hit a moderately heavy single in each of the main lifts, and do mostly normal intensity programming for the secondary lifts (except perhaps reduced volume). I will hit a heavy single next week.

  Flying solo today because Dee is taking a week off after rugby season and Jason is in Florida. Would have just gone to Z, but I need TPS equipment.

  In other news, today was the first time I'd seen Matt Rhodes in TPS. He was walking and talking with Murph the whole time.

Warm-up : bike 10 mins

Needed this today, came in very cold from traveling on train and bus.

SSB box squat 295x1, 315x1 @ 8.5?

In retrospect, this was simply a bad choice for my main squat movement. Immediately off the box I feel week, but the rest of the motion is a joke. I will move it to the third movement on squat day next cycle and get back to actual squatting for the main movement.

  That being said, 315 felt OK except I think form is starting to deteriorate, and it still destroys my lower back. I think my back was tired coming into today from bad form conv deads on Friday.

  Its hard to quantify RPEs on these because its a matter of form breaking down and being difficult off of the box.

Sumo dead w chain 415+120x1x3 @9

Cut it at three sets because I want to make sure my back can recover this week for next. These felt pretty good, last set was definitely heavier than the first though.

Good mornings 135x5x2, 225x5x2

I did these light good mornings just to get my back a little more love. One of the guys at TPS was impressed, I think this just confirms my theory that people are pussies on good mornings.

Abs - Sandbag twists 50x8x3


No comments: