Saturday, September 12, 2009

Shoulders

I have a conflict on Satuday, so I needed to compress the workout schedule even further. I purposefully left out all major pressing to avoid working the pec. I want to rest it due to the irritation from tuesday.

Standing press:
135 x 5
155 x 5
175 x 3
185 x 3
195 x 2, 2

These feel so much better when I'm fresh.

Super-set with Chest Supported Rows
135 x 5
180 x 5, 4 sets

Standing Pin Presses:

I think Kyle did these a while ago, so I thought I woudl try them out. Same form as the standing press with the bar starting from a dead stop right below my chin.

135 x 5
155 x 5
175 x 4
185 x 3, 2

Started out easier than I expected, but I got tired as the sets went on.

Super-set with MTS High Row:
270 x 5
290 x 4
310 x 4

Tried doing some skull crushers, but the elbow still hurt.

bodyweight Chin ups + Dips, 4 sets

Finished with dumbbell front raises and regular curls.

Is anyone around yet? There's a new guy who just showed up and wants to train with us

2 comments:

Kyle said...

Yeah, I did do those a while ago, but I find I much prefer the seated version. The one I was ranting and raving about was from forehead to lockout, behind the head.

Vit said...

I probably won't be back until around the 24th. Have there been any updates on becoming a club sport or is it most likely not gonna happen?