Sunday, September 13, 2009

Qualifier for the 2010 American Cup

Venice Beach [9/12/09]
Full Power

I emailed Steve Dennison about qualifying for the American Cup on Tuesday night (9/8). He said if I totaled 1400 at the meet, I'd be in. I was in the middle of a RAW training cycle and hadn't been in my SQ or DL suit since June and I hadn't touched in my shirt since then either. I figured I needed to go 501/363/540 for a 1404 which I thought would be pretty doable. I decided to do the meet on Wednesday (9/9). I practiced touching in my shirt that night and put on my SQ suit and did some heavy walkouts. I lost 10lbs between Thursday (9/10) and Saturday's 6am weigh in.. it was a bitch. The plan was to do 501/363/540 all on seconds and call it a day.

Squat:
474 good (slow. took it down too slow and went too deep)
501 good
545* good

Bench:
363 2 reds (got a long press command)
363* good
pass

Deadlift:
501 good
540* good
562 2 reds

1449 total @ 162.5 BW

*Congrats to DEAN for breaking more records and a CLUTCH 3rd attempt bench to get him to the deadlift!

6 comments:

Kyle said...

Pretty bitchin' Brent. Post moar plz.

Nathan Beckmann said...

Really impressive. What was the problem with last dead? I assumed hitching, but I didn't see it in the video. Knees not locked? Strong pull.

Jake Ceccarelli said...

Way to dominate. I bet you'll look even better when you're doing an equpiied training cycle.

Jake Ceccarelli said...

equipped too.

Trey said...

Congrats on qualifying B! those numbers are H-U-G-E gargantuan..

Brent Tanaka said...

thanks guys. i'm shooting for an elite total in january and if i get it, i'll be moving up a weight class so i too can be H-U-G-E gargantuan..haha