Tuesday, September 1, 2009

9/1 Back

Had a good weekend with the gf, but now it is time to train again.

Rack Chins: BWx8, 8
15x5
30x9, 6 PR
BWx11 PR

BB Shrug: 225x10
315x10
405x15, 12 PR
315x35 PR

BB Curl: 50x10
70x11, 8

A good strong workout. The Smith is starting to run out of room, so I switched to the BB for shrugs. Using straps on these make a huge difference. My traps actually can work to their full capacity, which is actually not too shabby. I've noticed a good bit of growth in them over the past few weeks.

For those that are curious, I've split things up like we do at UCLA (M-squat, T-back, W-press, R-Legs, Sat-press) but with an extra back day on Friday. The workouts usually only take 45-60 minutes a piece. If I cant work out on a certain day, I'll just move along in the order instead of trying to make it up.

2 comments:

Vit said...

Those bear paws you call hands come in handy for shrugs huh? Haha, nice work on the PR's.

Kyle said...

Hardly lol. The paws help a little, but the straps are quite nice too. I'll even let you guys use 'em down in LA. Get some traps quicker.