Thursday, September 10, 2009

Deadlift

I worked out at the ARC at UCI today and I was pretty impressed with how much nicer the place is than Wooden. Not just the weight room but the basketball courts and all the other stuff too. I was disappointed when I found out they didn't have an Olympic platform though.

Deadlift
warmups
325 x 2, 3, 2
285 x 3, 3, 3
Since they didn't have bumper plates, I had to use the regular weights which are just like the weights at UCLA. The plan was to do one heavy set at 325 but since the bar would roll all over the place when I dropped it on the ground because of the non-bumper plates, I just separated it into 3 sets and reset after each rep.

Back raises
BW+25 x 10
BW+45 x 10, 10

Kneeling abs
85 x 15
95 x 12, 12

2 comments:

Juggernaut, the said...

Do you reset after each rep normally?

Vit said...

Normally I don't take my hands off the bar during a set, and every rep is from a dead stop off the ground. What I meant by reset was after every rep I stood up and adjusted my feet so I was close enough to the bar (since it would usually roll away from me when I put the weight down).