Tuesday, September 15, 2009

9-14, 9-15

9-14
Great workout today. Set a new power snatch record, and pretty much everything felt great.

P. Sn. 89, 91, 93 (205), 84/2 x 8, all at 8 except set 5, which was at 9

Snatch 89/2@8, 91/2@ 8,9,9

Bench 185/6 @ 6, 205/6 @ 8, 215/6@ 8, 10 Almost failed on the last rep. The only things that got the last rep up were my ass coming off the bench and my knowledge that I didn't have a spotter.

Back squat 142/3@8, 152/3@ 9,9,10 I'd say this is an improvement over last week's 4 reps at 152@10 on the very first set. Friday's squat workout will be a good test.

9-15
So, today I joined the UM cheer team. After a 3 year layoff I'll be back cheering. I did a bunch of stunting and by the end I was able to get a liberty, which took me about a year to get at first. It'll all come back pretty fast I think. I can also still do a back tuck. In fact, it's better than before, which leads me to belive I may have increased my vertical. My previous experienced garnered me a lot of extra attention because I was the new guy but could do pretty much everything. I was really impressed with the guys though. Better than we ever got at UCLA, so I think I'll be able to learn a lot from them, at least once I get back to where I was. Also, another good change from UCLA was that the coach seems to run a pretty tight ship. But really, the best thing was that most of the girls were under 5'2" and 110 pounds...

For "conditioning" we did a 1 minute handstand hold against a wall (good), 50 sit-ups (kinda gay, but fine), and 50 tuck jumps (good). The handstand was pretty easy to hold, the sit-ups burned like hell because I never do abs, adn the tuck jumps were really really tiring. I feel 100% recovered from practice though so I think this will also be good GPP for weightlifting. It's kinda like strongman with girls instead of rocks (can't complain there, plus it's training explosive strength), with jumping/tumbling thrown in. Really, it's the perfect form of GPP.

1 comment:

Deirdre said...

you can do a back tuck? holy balls.