Monday, September 21, 2009

RE Squat

Hamstrings were pretty brutalized from last thursday still. Played ultimate on Sunday to loosen them up but they tightened back up afterward. Did a bunch of foam roller during warm ups to help.

Regarding the glute thrust, they definitely work. That night and the day after, I could definitely tell the glutes were exhausted, but I didn't have any residual soreness. I will try them again this week with increased weight to see what happens. I think they might be useful for a training cycle if I can do them and still avoid getting kicked out of Wooden.

Squats
405 x 5
415 x 5
425 x 5

Didn't want to push it too much since the hamstrings were sore.  These felt very easy.  (6-7 for your RTS true believers).

Pause Squat
365 x 3 @ 3 sec (1, 2, 3, up)
385 x 3 @ 3
405 x 3 @ 3

Also pretty decent.

SS-Bar Box Squat
(no belt)
235 x 8
255 x 8
275 x 8

Finished with ball reverse hypers and cable abs superset

1 comment:

Nathan Beckmann said...

RPE of 6? Really? I'm skeptical. 7 is speed weight.