Friday, April 9, 2010

4.8.10--Deadlift

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZwhNFOn4ik

Deadlifts:
135x5
After my first set, I had quickly realized that this felt a little foreign... Then I remembered that I missed last week, the week before it due to Spring Break, and the week before that due to finals. I had a feeling that today would be a pretty shitty deadlift day.
185x3
255
These served as my warmups for my band lightened deadlifts

Band Lightened Deadlifts (Greens, pin 5)
275x5 (last warmup)
315x5x2
325x5x2
335x5
Contrary to my prediction, I actually had a great deadlifting session. My form was really great on these, as I maintained my arch through my full lifts. Some were slower than I liked, but when Vit told me to be quick, I was always able to rip them off the ground. This was encouraging, but I already knew my lockout was strong so I'm hoping my overall better form leads to a new max around 350 pounds when this training split is done. This will count on me getting it off the ground quickly.

GMOP (pin 9/10):
I have found these to really be the best hamstring exercise for me, oddly enough (besides partner stretching).
135x5x4

Cable Abs:
80x10x3

This Saturday, I'm busy from like 9-4 so I'll probably bench on Sunday afternoon if anyone wants to join.

Dave, please post The Room drinking game.

No comments: