Wednesday, April 28, 2010

4-27-10: Upper Back, New Diet, Video Form Review, & Biceps??

*** TODAY I BEGAN THE EXTRA CRUNCHY PEANUT BUTTER, CLOVER HONEY, & TRISCUIT ORIGINAL STYLE CRACKER NIGHT-TIME SNACK DIET ***

------>> for deadlifts, I need to maintain my hamstring pre-loading lift-off as I pull the weight off the ground. that is really helping.

------>> for squats, I need to focus on staying upright with my chest out, and sitting back.

------>> for bench, I need to maintain tuck better and learn how to facilitate and engage my lats (which is why I have begun pause work on upper back day).

Chest Supported T-Bar Rows
-> inner handles, close-grip
55lbs x 5
70x5
60x5
60x5
60x5
-> all sets with standard pauses

Weighted Ultra-Wide Grip Pullups
15lbs x 5
15x5
15x5
-> all sets with standard pauses, and slow and controlled going up and down

Shrug Machine (Seated)
70lbs on each side x 8
90lbs on each side x 8
135lbs on each side x 5 (really tough)

Cable Abs (bending at waist)
150lbs x 8
150lbs x 8
-> all sets with standard pauses

Close-Grip (Inner) Lat Pulldowns
140lbs x 8
140lbs x 7
-> all sets with standard pauses


*** GIVEN THAT I HAVEN'T DONE BICEPS IN A COUPLE MONTHS AT ALL . . . AND TALKING WITH GREG, GREG CONVINCED ME THAT I SHOULD DO AT LEAST 1 BICEP EXERCISE PER WEEK TO MAKE SURE MY BICEPS ARE STRONG ENOUGH SO THAT THEY DO NOT LIMIT MY BACK WORKOUTS.

TOUCHE GREG. TOUCHE.

I WILL RESTART OPERATION BICEPS. OPERATION TRAPS IS STILL UNDERGOING PHASE 2 OF PROGRESS.

2 comments:

Kyle said...

Good job on the eating plan Ben. Start off slow with the peanut butter though, as too much out of the gates has bad consequences lol.

Also, for the lats thing on benching. The thing that really helped me the most was simply making my lats and triceps a bit larger to the point where they rub against each other. Once you have that, you can start to engage them more and more.

Ben said...

haha!! i always go all out off the blocks Kyle!! and i paid for it all last night and this morning haha. its all good though. im slowing it down tonight and then going to control the pace nicely!!

and i see!! i'll definitely work on that!! MORE PULLOVERS!!