Thursday, April 29, 2010

Super Sore Squat #2/Deadlift, Thursday 4-29-10

--> I'm still super sore from Monday's squats and broad jumps. The squats did great work for my glutes, hamstrings, and quads. My tibia (front shin) muscles are insanely sore - FRIEDDDD!!!! So, as a result, I backed off a little today and went John McCain on the weights (conservative lol). Note to Obama: Change will come next week. Thank you.

Back Squat
175x2
185x2
185x2
-> all sets no belt

Deadlifts
255x5
265x5
-> felt good, with pauses - no bouncing off the ground
-> both sets no belt, no chalk

Good Mornings Off Pins
155x8 (rack height 11 - possibly a little too low)
-> no belt
-> my elbows aren't feeling 100% (I think because my biceps are really sore and aren't supporting the bar as well so I'm struggling to hold the bar on my back and putting more strain and tension on my elbows - thats my theory at least)

Banded Hamstring Curls
-> with purples
10 reps with 1 mississippi holds
9 reps with 5 mississippi holds

Standing Banded Abs (bending over from waist)
10 reps
10 reps
10 reps
-> all with greens
-> I had to lower bar on Smith machine so I could place my lower hamstrings against it in order to do the exercise because my body weight wasn't enough - otherwise I just lifted myself off the ground haha.

Dumbell Clean Jumps onto Box (just below knee height)
10 reps with 10lbs in each hand
10 reps with 15lbs in each hand
10 reps with 25lbs in each hand
10 reps with 25lbs in each hand

Step-Up Lunge Jumps off Box (just below knee height)
10 reps
10 reps
10 reps
-> all body weight

No comments: