Friday, April 23, 2010

Deadlift

Deadlift:
571 x 1
605 x 1

My deep lower back is fahked. Squatting feels fine, but starting the pull feels like murder on it. Foam-roller + Vitamin-I does nothing. I need to go see a PT about this for real to fix whatever's messed up down there before Nationals.

Cleans:
181 x 1
201 x f + 1

No lower-back = no explosion off floor. Bagged it early because I couldn't move fast have personal problems.

Pause Squat:
315 x 3 @ 3
335 x 3 @ 3
365 x 3 @ 3

No pain here. I've been trying to bury these to increase flexibility and hip strength. Feels good so far.

Tried to do rainbow dragonfly ponies for abs, but lots of back pain, so i switched to cable abs, which only had some back pain.

4 comments:

Jake Ceccarelli said...

If you can still deadlift 605 with a messed up back I'd say you're in pretty good shape. Any idea what the cause might be?

Matt Buttimer said...

Well Jake its a combination of 2 things:

1) A sandy, gaping vagina...no offense to the females

and

2) Not enough squatting...squatting cures all!

Juggernaut, the said...

Hahaha, Squatting does feel good.

The best PT guess so far is that I have a tight gluteus maximus / medius, which is causing the Iliocostalis to be overworked and therefore irritated. I'm going to lay off it for the time being and focus on squatting. I plan to try doing light sets of 50 to see if I can get the muscles to stretch and relax though. More flexibility work may help.

Vit said...

So basically your a tightass?