Tuesday, March 23, 2010

4 Star Squat

Trained at 4 star in El Segundo today. 3 hours well spent.
I feel a personal problem coming on (AKA a cold) but I don't think this affected my performance today since I completely forgot about it while training.

Squat
265 x 2+1 with a slight spot
275 x 1 -This was a grinder.
I'm having problems with my knees coming forward when I break parallel and come out of the hole. Need to focus on taking the tension in my hamstrings and keeping my chest up on the way out of the hole.

Squat w/ chains
135+2 chains(total) x 5
135+4 chains x 5
135+6 chains x 5
135+8 chains x 5
I think it was like 240 at the top on the last set. This was my first time doing these and they felt really good. I think doing these consistently would teach how to be fast on the way up. Unfortunately these would probably be incredibly inconvenient to store at school.

SS bar box squats
135 x 5
185 x 1+1 fail
155 x 5
Also my first time doing these. These work the core like crazy.

Plyometrics
3 sets of box rebounds
3 sets of side box jumps

Abs
GHR abs
ball leg raises

No comments: