Thursday, March 18, 2010

03/16/10 Squat

Normally Monday is my squat day, but had 2 finals and was a little physically but very mentally exhausted and did not think that heavy suited squats would be a good idea, so I postponed the workout until Tuesday. This did not seem to matter much as I had a piss poor workout.


First time suited in about 2 months. The last time I was suited, the suit was new but it fit rather well and I hit some big PRs in it. Since then I have gained about 8 pounds (mostly in my legs as far as I can tell) and it just didn't fit right. I had the straps down for all the sets and sat back well for about 75% of each descent. After that I felt the suit really get tight - I tried to fight against it with no luck. So in order to further descend my knees would shift forward a little. So this all needs some work. I plan to start cutting some weight to fit better in the suit and am just going to get rid of the box next time. Anytime I did reach the box I had trouble touch-n-going and would plop too much on it and consequently lose all my tightness.


Needless to say this all really frustrated me and near the end I was losing my focus. I had programmed in reverse band raw squats but due to the fact the suited work took about an hour and I just wasn't focused I scrapped it.


Suited Box Squat -

365 lbs x 3 reps x 2 sets @ 8 RPE
405 lbs x 2 reps x 2 sets @ 8 RPE
425 lbs x 1 reps x 1 sets @ 9 RPE
455 lbs x 1 reps x 2 sets @ 10 RPE
405 lbs x 1 reps x 1 sets @ 9 RPE


Finished with:


Banded (purple) hamstring curls - 4x 10 (w/ 2 sec pause at contraction)


Banded (blue) hypers - 4x10


Banded (mini) GHR abs - 3x10


Total Workout Time: 1h40m


BW (post-dinner): 187.4

No comments: